- Prospective Students
- Why Public Health at Ohio State
- Commitment to Diversity
- How to Apply
- Admissions Staff
- Recruitment Calendar
- Career Services
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Health Administration
- Master of Science
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Dual/Combined Degrees
- Graduate Interdisciplinary Specialization in Global Health
- Bachelor of Science in Public Health
- Combined BSPH/MPH Degree Program
- Global Public Health Minor
- Epidemiology Minor
- Current Students
- Office of Academic Programs and Student Services
- Course Offerings
- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- Student Spotlights
- Student Organizations
- Career Services
- Curriculum Guides
- Graduation Information
- Graduate Student Newsletter
- Undergraduate Student Newsletter
- Future Student Newsletter
- CPH Directory
- Environmental Health Sciences
- Health Behavior and Health Promotion
- Health Service Management and Policy
- Health Outcomes, Policy and Evaluation Studies
- Center for Public Health Practice
- Online Learning
- Summer Program
- Prevention Research Center
- About the PRC
- Community Partnerships
- Center of Excellence in Regulatory Tobacco Science
- Project 1: Tobacco Marketing and Youth Initiation
- Project 2: Biomarkers in Adolescents
- Project 3: Diversity of Tobacco Products
- Project 4: Maximizing Health Risk Understanding
- Pilot: Maximizing Health Risk Understanding: Appalachian Sample
- Pilot: Effects of ENDS on the Oral Microbiome
- Pilot: Online E-Cigarette Advertising Study
- Pilot: Functional Neuroimaging
- Pilot: Effects of Ecigs on Lungs
- Funding Opportunities
- Alumni & Friends
- Alma Matters Newsletters
- Alumni Career Resources
- Alumni Societies
- Alumni Spotlights
- Invest locally. Impact globally.
- Employer Resources
- Alumni Involvement Form
- Graduation Placement Survey
From Our Chair
Welcome to the Division of Biostatistics!
This is an exciting time for us in the College of Public Health. Our new PhD program in Biostatistics has gotten off to a strong start. The program is offered jointly with the Department of Statistics and unites more than 20 biostatisticians from both units to provide students with more program options, wider research opportunities and an enhanced curriculum. Public Health and Methodology are two specializations a student could pursue under this program. The first PhD degree in the Public Health track was awarded in the summer of 2012, and currently there are about 15 students enrolled in this specialization.
We are pleased to offer the Gary Koch fellowship program to our PhD students. This prestigious one-year award is given to an exceptional applicant to this program and is funded by an endowment created by the generous support of Professor Gary Koch, an alumnus of Ohio State.
Details of our Interdisciplinary PhD program in Biostatistics are available at: http://biostatprograms.osu.edu/.
The Division also offers an MS program in Public Health with a concentration in Biostatistics and an MPH program that specializes in Biostatistics. For further information on these programs, please visit: http://cph.osu.edu/prospective-students/why-public-health-ohio-state.
Our faculty members are diverse in their interests and involved in a variety of research projects all over campus and beyond. Within the college, they work closely with researchers from the Divisions of Epidemiology, Environmental Health, Health Behavior and Health Promotion, and Health Services Management and Policy. We have many collaborative research projects with the researchers from the Colleges of Medicine, Pharmacy, Nursing, Dentistry, and Arts and Sciences, as well as many in the James Comprehensive Cancer Center.
Our faculty members also work on funded projects with researchers from the Nationwide Children's Hospital in downtown Columbus. All these collaborations provide excellent research opportunities for our students along with a broad range of courses offered by our program.
We invite you to explore our opportunities in Biostatistics and join us.
Rodney Sturdivant, PhD
Interim Chair, Biostatistics