Mission and Vision
The mission of the Ohio State University Prevention Research Center is to:
- Engage leaders, members and health care providers and organizations in Central Ohio communities,
- Provide an administrative framework that coordinates and accelerates community-based prevention research activities
- Offer training opportunities in community and academic settings to enhance capacity for community-based research,
- Conduct population-specific research that targets health needs within underserved communities, and
- Effectively communicate and disseminate prevention research activities and finding throughout communities.
The center partners with communities to their support efforts to improve the health of their residents through implementation and diffusion of prevention-based research.