Biostatistics - Master of Public Health
Students admitted to the Biostatistics Master of Public Health (MPH) degree program are assigned a faculty advisor who will provide guidance throughout the program. This information serves as a resource to be used by the student and the advisor in planning a program with a specialization in Biostatistics.
For detailed additional information about specific requirements, students are directed to the College of Public Health (CPH) Graduate Student Handbook and to the Graduate School Handbook (available online at http://www.gradsch.ohio-state.edu/).
Program of Study
The MPH-Biostatistics curriculum consists of a minimum of 48 credits organized into five curricular domains:
1. Core courses in areas of knowledge basic to public health (15 credits)
2. Courses required for a specialization in biostatistics (24 credits)
3. Elective courses (4 credits)
4. Practicum (2 credits minimum)
5. Culminating project (3 credits minimum)