Health Behavior and Health Promotion - Master of Public Health
Students admitted to the Master of Public Health (MPH) degree program are assigned a faculty advisor who will provide guidance throughout the program.
This information serves as a resource to be used by the student and the advisor in planning a program with a specialization in Health Behavior and Health Promotion (HBHP). For detailed additional information about specific requirements, students are directed to the College of Public Health (CPH) Graduate Student Handbook and to the Graduate School Handbook (http://www.gradsch.ohio-state.edu).
Program of Study
The MPH-HBHP curriculum consists of a minimum of 45 credits organized into five curricular domains:
1. Core courses in areas of knowledge basic to public health (15 credits)
2. Courses required for a specialization in Health Behavior and Health Promotion (20 credits)
3. Elective courses approved for the specialization (4 credits)
4. Practicum (2 credits minimum)
5. Culminating project and Culminating Project Seminar (4 credits)