History

From 1914 to Today

1914

Preventive medicine begins as a division in the Department of Medicine

1948

Department of Preventive Medicine established in the College of Medicine

1968

Program in Hospital and Health Services Administration approved

1971

First MHA degree awarded at Ohio State

1992

First MPH Degree awarded at Ohio State

1995

School of Public Health founded within College of Medicine

2003

Public Health becomes free-standing school

2007

College of Public Health established

2011

Cunz Hall renovation is completed. The College of Public Health in its entirety is housed under one roof for the first time.

2013

First undergraduate Bachelor of Science in Public Health degree awarded

2013

The largest grant in College history, $18.7 million, was awarded by NIH to establish the Center of Excellence in Regulatory Tobacco Science

2014

100 years of public health at Ohio State

2019

U.S. News & World Report ranks Ohio State's College of Public Health MHA program #7 nationally