Dean William J. Martin II, MD (top right), with the 2016 Champions of Public Health Award recipients and nominators.
The nomination period has closed for the 2017 Champions of Public Health Awards. You may submit nominations for the 2018 awards by clicking here.
Each year, The Ohio State University College of Public Health recognizes individuals and organizations that make significant contributions to the health and well-being of Ohioans. These individuals and organizations represent any discipline, and contribute to efforts in any region of Ohio. Some possible examples include:
- Public health practitioners and leaders in Ohio’s rural and urban communities;
- Social entrepreneurs starting up businesses and non-profits that improve public health;
- Volunteers seeing a need and working tirelessly to address it;
- Individuals delivering health care and other services to underserved communities;
- Those working on the front lines of the opioid crisis;
- Individuals helping to forge better public health policy through government;
- Individuals or organizations creating new programs or products, such as with development of food banks or programs to improve infant mortality rates;
- A faith-based or community non-profit organization finding new ways to reach out and educate, deliver services and improve the health of its community; or
- A company that improves lives and communities through a commitment to corporate social responsibility efforts.
Awards are given in the following categories:
Public Health Practitioner
- Nominees must be an individual or organization that has made a significant contribution to the health of Ohioans. (The nominee does not need to reside in Ohio.)
- Individuals may be nominated posthumously, but the committee prefers nominees who are living at the time of nomination.
- For the community leader category, the college encourages nominations of volunteers as well as professionals.
- Individuals may come from all fields of public health, as well as other disciplines and areas.
If you have questions regarding the awards and nomination process, please contact Heather Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org or (614) 292-2309. Visit the awards page for information about past award recipients.