Each year, The Ohio State University College of Public Health recognizes individuals and organizations that make significant contributions to the health and well-being of Ohioans. We invite you to nominate worthy individuals and organizations for the 2017 Ohio State Champions of Public Health Awards.
These nominated individuals or organizations can represent any discipline, and efforts in any region of Ohio. Some possible examples include:
- Public health practitioners and leaders in Ohio’s rural and urban communities;
- Social entrepreneurs starting up businesses and non-profits that improve public health;
- Volunteers seeing a need and working tirelessly to address it;
- Individuals delivering health care and other services to underserved communities;
- Those working on the front lines of the opioid crisis;
- Individuals helping to forge better public health policy through government;
- Individuals or organizations creating new programs or products, such as with development of food banks or programs to improve infant mortality rates;
- A faith-based or community non-profit organization finding new ways to reach out and educate, deliver services and improve the health of its community; or
- A company that improves lives and communities through a commitment to corporate social responsibility efforts.
Awards are given in the following categories*:
Community Leader (Individuals leading efforts to address challenges and improve the health of others, whether they are volunteers or employees in a range of organizations and fields such as health care, government, business, non-profits, social and community services, public safety, the arts, or education).
Public Health Practitioner (Individuals working within public health, health care, business, non-profit organizations, social services, public safety, the arts, education, or other areas who have made or are making a difference in the health of Ohioans).
Organization (An organization, whether private or public, non-profit or for-profit, which is making significant contributions to the health of Ohioans).
*Individuals can be nominated for both the Community Leader and the Public Health Practitioner awards, if appropriate.
Deadline for nominations is July 31, 2017.
- Nominees must be an individual or organization that has made a significant contribution to the health of Ohioans. (The nominee does not need to reside in Ohio.)
- Individuals may be nominated posthumously, but the committee prefers nominees who are living at the time of nomination.
- For the community leader category, the college encourages nominations of volunteers as well as professionals.
- Individuals may come from all fields of public health, as well as other disciplines and areas.
Please complete the form below and include up to two letters of support to submit your nomination.
If you have questions regarding the awards and nomination process, please contact Steve Barrish at firstname.lastname@example.org or (614) 292-0297. Visit the Champions of Public Health website for information about past award recipients.