Ohio State is bringing some of the nation’s brightest minds, expert practitioners and most motivational speakers to Columbus this fall for the third biennial National Summit on Promoting Well-Being and Resilience in Healthcare Professionals on Sept. 28-30, 2022. Early-bird pricing through July 18.
The pandemic has taken a heavy toll on our front-line workers, and the fallout from growing rates of burnout, anxiety and depression is being felt across all health care professionals. Burnout, depression and stress threatens the quality, safety, availability and cost of patient care unless we are able to turn this troubling tide rapidly.
Ohio State is bringing some of the nation’s brightest minds, expert practitioners and most motivational speakers to Columbus this fall for the third biennial National Summit on Promoting Well-Being and Resilience in Healthcare Professionals on Sept. 28-30, 2022, at the Renaissance Columbus Downtown Hotel. Hundreds of clinicians, leaders, influencers and change agents will discuss evidence-based strategies to battle and conquer burnout. Featured speakers include:
- Neha Sangwan, MD, CEO and founder of Intuitive Intelligence
- J. Corey Feist, JD, MBA, co-founder of the Dr. Lorna Breen Heroes’ Foundation and CEO of University of Virginia Physicians
- Alex C. Varkey, PharmD, director of pharmacy services at Houston Methodist Hospital and trustee on the American Pharmacists Association’s Board of Trustees
- Christine Yu Moutier, MD, Chief Medical Officer at the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Judy Davidson, DNP, nurse scientist at the University of California – San Diego
- A plenary session on “Making the Business Case for Clinician Well-Being” featuring Kevin D. Hopkins, MD, primary care medical director at Cleveland Clinic Community Care; Steven Strongwater, MD, president and CEO at Atrius Health; and Bernadette Mazurek Melnyk, vice president for health promotion/university chief wellness officer
- Simon T. Bailey, speaker, author, life coach and entrepreneur
Registration is now open, with early bird pricing of $350 available through July 18; students/learners are welcome to register for only $99. We are also offering several impactful pre-conference workshops, including personal energy management, therapy dog programming, building and sustaining wellness cultures/structures and a special Healthy Nurse, Healthy Nation workshop presented by the American Nurses Association.
Please visit go.osu.edu/cwbs2022 for all of the information you need about the summit and registration, and contact ClinicianWellbeingosu [dot] eduwith any questions.
The Ohio State University Colleges of Dentistry, Medicine, Nursing, Optometry,
Pharmacy, Social Work and Veterinary Medicine
The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
National Academy of Medicine Action Collaborative on Clinician Well-being and Resilience