280 East Broad Street
The Health Educator contributes to the overall improvement in the health and wellness of Central Ohioans to promote, maintain, and improve individual and community health by assisting individuals and communities in adopting healthy behaviors. Under general supervision develop operational plans and policies necessary to achieve health education objectives and services for each program within Community Engagement and Health Promotion.
• Develop operational plans and policies necessary to achieve health education objectives and services.
• Utilize data to identify community needs for use in training and education on program interventions that can be implemented, monitored, and evaluated designed to encourage healthy lifestyles, policies and environments.
• Align and coordinate health education materials and resources with community health needs assessments and other public health surveys.
• Maintain databases, mailing lists, telephone networks, and other information to facilitate the functioning of health education programs.
• Prepare and distribute health education materials, including reports, bulletins, and visual aids such as photographs, and posters.
• Build relationships with community partners to leverage funding opportunities, manage in-kind donations to programs, and disseminate resources to local communities.
• Other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in public health, health education, community planning, nutrition, science, or related field (Master’s degree preferred)
• At least two to three (2-3) years of directly related experience (nutrition, healthy living, active living, coalition building, education, public health, food access, program planning/management preferred)
• CHES strongly preferred
• Ability and willingness to work outside of normal business hours
• Must possess a valid driver’s license, and be insurable through FCPH’s provider; some evening and weekend hours required.
Hiring Salary: $19.24/hour - $24.06/hour. This is a non-exempt position.
Interested applicants should send:
2. Cover letter
3. FCPH application (located: http://www.myfcph.org/careers)
TO: fcphjobsfranklincountyohio [dot] gov with subject ‘Health Educator’
OR: Franklin County Public Health
Attn: Human Resources – Health Educator
280 East Broad Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215-4562
Deadline for Applying: Internal applicants (01/24/2020); External applicants (02/21/2020)
No phone calls please. Franklin County Public Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. Learn more at www.MyFCPH.org.
FCPH is committed to providing a healthy work environment for all employees, and all employees agree to be non-tobacco users as a condition of employment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel in this position.