Public Health Buckeyes get involved!
There are many ways that Public Health Buckeyes can volunteer their time to support fellow alumni, students and the College of Public Health.
CPH Alumni Society Board of Governors
Filling a seat on the College of Public Health Alumni Society Board of Governors gives you the opportunity to have a direct impact on how the alumni society supports and mobilizes public health alumni. Nominations for the Board of Governors are now open! We invite you to nominate yourself or a fellow alum for a position for the 2018 calendar year term.
The primary goal of the College of Public Health Alumni Society Board of Governors is to engage public health alumni, promote the public health profession, improve the student experience and advance The Ohio State University, OSU Alumni Association and the College of Public Health. Board members are expected to support educational and professional development opportunities for current College of Public Health students and encourage fellowship among students, faculty, staff, alumni and friends of the college. Alumni/ae who accept the one-year appointment to the Board are expected to fulfill the following requirements and meet the responsibilities of the Board position they are elected to.
College of Public Health Alumni Society Board Member Expectations:
- Members of the Board must attend at least 50% of the meetings held during their term.
- Each board member must play an active role in at least one society event that is held during their term.
- Members of the Board must participate in College of Public Health alumni activities, events and programs whenever possible.
- Members of the Board must be "sustaining" members of both the College of Public Health Alumni Society and The Ohio State University Alumni Association by making a minimum $24 contribution to the public health fund of their choice and an additional contribution to the Ohio State fund of their choice to equal a minimum $75 donation on a yearly basis.
- Members of the Board must be an advocate for the College of Public Health, sharing its mission and their knowledge about the College.
- Assume the duties of the President in his/her absence or at the request of the President
- Assist in planning homecoming activities
- Coordinate nominations for the Franklin Banks/William R. Gemma Award
- Document meeting minutes at Society board meetings
- Supervise all receipts and expenditures
- Present an updated financial report at each board meeting
- Complete and submit any documents that may be required by the Internal Revenue Service.
At-Large Representative (link to form)
- Contribute work on an as-needed basis as requested by any Board member
- Chair, co-chair or be a member on one of the four committees
Join an Alumni Society Committee
Another way to get involved is to serve on one (or more) of our alumni society's committees focused on a different function of alumni and student engagement. Each committee holds an hour-long monthly planning call with tasks delegated to committee members as needed.
Professional Development Committee
Providing services and resources that assist with professional and career development, lifelong learning and networking.
Developing opportunities for alumni to share their experience and knowledge with current students.
Planning social events, game watches, family picnics, community service events and more.
Using your OSU ID and password, visit the CPH page on VolunteerMatch and sign up for what interests you.
Have a question, comment or suggestion? Contact CPH Alumni Society & Special Events Coordinator Heather Evans at evans [dot] 2309osu [dot] edu or (614) 292-2309.