Graduate Interdisciplinary Specialization in Global Health
The Graduate Interdisciplinary Specialization in Global Health is an opportunity for students to complement an existing Specialization within the College of Public Health.
Objectives of the GISGH:
- To provide graduate and professional students access to interdisciplinary study in global health issues.
- To offer students the opportunity to gain specific expertise in the unique challenges of healthcare in the developing world and among immigrant populations
- To provide formal recognition of such study on the student's transcript upon completion.
The specialization will consist of the following components:
- A two-hour core course required for all students
- Discipline-specific courses
- A required field experience
- Students must complete ten (10) credit hours in graduate programs outside the student's major program.
- Students must receive a B (or higher) or S in each course comprising the interdisciplinary specialization.
- Requirements may include work already required as part of the student's degree program.
For more information about the Graduate Interdisciplinary Specialization in Global Health, please visit http://globalhealth.osu.edu/gisgh.html
For more information, please contact:
Associate Director, Office of Global Health Education
Health Sciences Center for Global Health
376 West 10th Ave. Suite 165
Columbus, Ohio 43210
(614) 292-3684 or firstname.lastname@example.org