A complete description of the administration of the College of Public Health can be found the Pattern of Administration document for the College, available in the office of the Dean and in each division office. The material below is a summary of only the most relevant portions for a graduate student.
General Administrative Structure of the College of Public Health
The general administrative line of authority (as opposed to the governance of graduate study, which is explained in Sections 2.1-2.3), flows from the Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost to the Dean of the College of Public Health.
The Dean (Amy Fairchild) has general administrative responsibility for the College. There is a Senior Associate Dean, one Associate Dean and two Assistant Deans:
- Senior Associate Dean, Academic Affairs (Michael Bisesi, PhD)
- Associate Dean for Research (Christopher Weghorst, PhD)
- Associate Dean for Community Outreach and Engagement (Pamela Salsberry, PhD)
- Assistant Dean for Global Public Health (Qinghua Sun, MD, PhD)
- Assistant Dean for Finance and Administration (Ann Florentine)
A Chair appointed by the Dean heads each Division. Although the Dean, Senior Associate Dean, Associate Deans, and Division Chairpersons have executive authority, the primary responsibility for policy decisions rests with the faculty of the CPH.
In addition to the Graduate Studies Committee described above, the College has additional committees to conduct business of the college. The College Committee list can be found on the CPH website.