We protect and champion the health of the people of Ohio, the nation and the world. Through education, influential research and community engagement, The Ohio State University College of Public Health shapes and enhances public health, advances equity and impacts the delivery and effectiveness of health care. We prepare the next generation of public health practitioners, health care administrators and academic scholars. We work collaboratively to make discoveries that help address existing and emerging public health threats. We advance the public health conversation and foster a culture of engagement for our students, faculty, staff, alumni and the broader community.
- Provide diverse populations, especially those who face the most significant structural barriers, with greater opportunity to live full, healthy and equitable lives as a result of our research and education.
- As a trusted voice committed to enhancing our shared future, we steward policies and practices that promote health, dismantle inequities and prevent disease.
- We believe in equity for all people, that everyone should live in an environment that optimizes health and have access to affordable, high-quality health care and evidence-based knowledge of how individual behavior contributes to health.
- We maintain high levels of academic and scientific integrity, pursuing innovative research that is scientifically rigorous and relevant.
- We value dedicated service and leadership and seek partnerships that provide opportunities to stand in solidarity with communities, helping them to flourish.
- We believe that diversity is excellence, that inclusivity promotes innovation and enriches our college and our society. We respect and embrace all forms of diversity. We are committed to increasing the diversity of our students, faculty and staff and to preparing graduates to bring their wide array of voices and experiences to the public health workforce.