Uniting Public Health Buckeyes across the globe.
The mission of the College of Public Health Alumni Society (CPHAS) is to foster interactions between alumni and the College of Public Health with a focus on furthering the development of students in both their educations and future career paths. Questions? Please hutchinson [dot] 332osu [dot] edu (contact us).
Together we can assist in advancing the broader mission of The Ohio State University Alumni Association (OSUAA) through excellence and leadership in public health.
All CPH alumni. No dues necessary.
Minimum $24 gift to the CPH fund of your choice.
Minimum $24 gift to the College of Public Health Alumni Society Fund.
With an annual gift of $150 or more or a monthly recurring gift of $10 to any CPH Fund, you will become a Life Donor Member in the Alumni Association.
For more information about the additional benefits from the Alumni Association, click here.
Board of Governors
The primary goal of the College of Public Health Alumni Society Board of Governors is to engage public health alumni, promote the public health profession, improve the student experience and advance The Ohio State University, OSU Alumni Association and the College of Public Health. Board members are expected to support educational and professional development opportunities for the current College of Public Health students and encourage fellowship among students, faculty, staff, alumni and friends of the college. Alumni/ae who accept the one-year appointment to the Board are expected to fulfill the following requirements and meet the responsibilities of the Board position they are elected to.
College of Public Health Alumni Society Board Member Expectations:
- Members of the Board must attend at least 50% of the Board meetings held during their term (1 year term for at-large members, 2-year term for Chairs). A term runs from July 1 through June 30 of the following year. Board meetings are held every other month.
- Each member of the board must play an active role in at least one society event, program or initiative that is held during their term.
- Members of the board must participate in College of Public Health alumni activities, events and programs whenever possible.
- Members of the board must be Annual Members of both The Ohio State University Alumni Association and the College of Public Health Alumni Society throughout their entire term. This can be done by making a minimum $24 tax-deductible gift to any CPH Fund.
- Members of the Board must be an advocate for the College of Public Health, sharing it’s mission and their knowledge about the college.
Executive Committee Members are as follows:
President, Past President, President-Elect – open for 2021/2022, Secretary, Young Alumni Chair , Diversity Chair , Case Competition Chair – open for 2021/2022 (newly created position)
Treasury is done in part by the Alumni Relations Officer with approval by the President and/or President-Elect.
Executive Committee terms are 2 years.