Insurance companies, employers and governments are attempting to find ways to curb the cost of health care. Health promotion specialists contribute by planning and evaluating programs and policies which improve health. The need to provide the public with programs and policies to support good health will result in state and local governments, hospitals, and businesses employing a growing number of experts in health behavior and health promotion.
Where are our graduates working?
- Director of health education programs, local health department
- Coordinator of drug-alcohol prevention, state university
- School health specialist, state comprehensive health program
- Consultant, state commission on minority health
- Director of health and safety, regional nonprofit social agency
- Manager of community relations, academic medial center