All applications received by February 15 will be considered for a spot in the 2020-2021 cohort. Application review will continue after this date based on available space. Applications processed after March 30th will be considered for the following academic year.
Master of Public Health -- Program for Experienced Professionals (MPH-PEP) students are expected to bring a significant experience base to their cohort and show potential for leadership positions in public health or health care. Successful applicants should demonstrate a record of academic success, achieving greater than or equal to a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale. Excellent recommendations and a strong personal statement are also important and weigh equally with other application components.
The GRE is currently required by the College of Public Health, with preferred scores of greater than the 50th percentile in both verbal and quantitative sections and ≥4 in analytical writing. Applicants with a previous terminal degree (PhD, MD, DO, DVM, PharmD, etc.) may request a GRE waiver.
Applicants are required to submit an application through the Schools of Public Health Admissions System (SOPHAS). Admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis.
All application materials MUST be sent directly to SOPHAS. A completed application includes the following:
- Completed SOPHAS application
- Official transcripts from any previous or current college coursework taken within the U.S.
- Official GRE scores – SOPHAS code: 4233
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Resume or CV
- Ohio State University Supplemental Application – this will be emailed to you from The Ohio State University 1-2 weeks after your centralized application reaches "Verified" status.
If you have questions regarding admissions, please contact Dawnne Wise, MPH-PEP Program Manager, at wise [dot] 13osu [dot] edu or 614-247-7967.